The CRPD is the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Every time a country ratifies this convention, they agree to:
- Improve laws and make laws that protect the human rights of the disabled
- Enforce laws
- Protect people with disabilities
- Educate the public about human rights
- Involve people with disabilities in decisions
- Tell the United Nations what they are doing for people with disabilities
All people with disabilities have the right to make their own decisions about their lives. We all have human rights and everyone deserves to have them protected. So I kinda wonder why my country hasn’t ratified this convention yet.
Please tell me what you think.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: "human rights" "Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities" "Special Olympics" |